Friday, May 31, 2013

It's been a while.....

  Since I have wrote anything about anything, so I figured I would see what I can come up with this morning.  I have been working on accepting me for me and trying hard not to let things bring me down.  I still don't have a grasp on my emotional eating, but I am trying new techniques to avoid this horrific habit. 
  One thing I have recently started was eliminating all junk food from my diet.  The only thing "junk foody" I have eaten in the past month is birthday cake and that was a tiny piece.  You have no idea how big of a deal this is for me, to have junk food as a staple throughout my life and now to not touch any of it.  I still buy snacks for my family and it was hard in the beginning, but now I find it's not so bad. 
  Another thing I started to do is C25K (couch to 5K) the same time I stopped junk food eating.  I ended up totally skipping a whole week, so instead of being on week 4, I am on week 3.  But hey, I haven't given up!!! Which is a total accomplishment in itself for me, I always end up giving up after a week or two.  I found that the jogging/running is a key to me not wanting junk food.  This actually makes me feel good inside, my depression has even decreased to the level where I stopped taking my medicine.  I hate having to depend on medication, it makes me feel as if I have no control over my life.  I do this routine three times a week and the other days I will jog for about 10 minutes, then do cardio and strengthening exercises for 20 minutes.
  I still don't understand where the emotional eating began, but I have decided to not dwell on the past and just focus my time and energy on the future.  I have so much to be thankful for and so many people that love and believe in me.  So, why can't I believe in myself?  That's what I am trying to do, believing in myself is something that is alien to me.  It's something I am trying to do, even if it's by taking baby steps. 
  As I am not sure what to write, I will end on tis note.....  Everyone thinks they know what is best for you, but the truth is the only person that truly knows is you.  Take the time to understand who you are and learn to accept and love you for you.  Because if you can't love yourself, then who will?

No comments:

Post a Comment